Monday 19 March 2012

Peach and Pecan Loaf

I have a confession to make...


This loaf actually contained more nectarines than peaches. I just couldn't bear to let go of the cute name, so I ignored the nectuarines. I'm sorry to the nectarines of the world. I won't let your part in a recipe be forgotten again, I promise!


But whatever the stonefruit, it was pretty yummy.






Actually, more than pretty yummy. Amazingly yummy!


I feel sorry for loaves sometimes. When people think about baking, they think about bread and cookies and brownies and cakes, but never loaves it seems to me.


Poor loaves must feel so neglected, never appreciated as much as their fellow baked goods!


(Is it weird that so far in this post I have addressed a piece of fruit and considered the feelings of a baked good? No, of course not!)


The original recipe had peach puree in it, but I didn't have any on hand, so I just mushed up some fresh peach, and it worked fine.


And I also forgot to chop the pecans... oops! But that didn't seem to be a big issue.


More of an issue was the fact it rose so much that it started rising through the oven shelf above. Oh dear!


So I would reccomend giving it some room. You've been warned!






Peach and Pecan Loaf
Based on: http://www.vintagevictuals.com/2009/08/peach-peacan-bread.html


Ingredients
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup pureed peaches
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 2/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 cup peeled, diced peaches (or nectarines)

For the Topping
1/4 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in peach puree and extracts.

2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in pecans and diced peaches.

3. Pour into a greased 9×5-inch loaf pan. Combine the topping ingredients, and sprinkle over batter.

4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan before removing to a wire rack.




See, easy as!


Mia xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why hello there! If you liked or disliked this post or just want to say 'hi', feel free to leave a comment. I love getting comments- it's nice to know that someone out there is actually reading what I have to say, and they're really motivating!
Mia xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...