Saturday 28 January 2012

S is for Summer, but also for Smoothies





No biggie, but I got braces yesterday.


And they hurt.... a lot.


And I can only eat things that are cut up into about a gazillion pieces, or pureed!


But I'm going to have perfect straight teeth, so it's all worth it!


Isn't it????


But anyway speaking of pureeing, I have some delicious smoothie recipes for you today.






And they're healthy too, matter of fact!



























The first one has tofu in it and the second has oats.


You're still here?? Yay! I thought everyone might have left after that bombshell!


Not that it's yuck having these things in your smoothies. It's actually AMAZING!!


Especially the oat one. I would eat it everyday if I could!


I think that they would taste even better if you were drinking them in the sun....


Not that we would know what that's like, given it's been cloudy and rainy FOR A WEEK!!


THEY CALL THIS SUMMER!!! Aaaaargh!!!!!


Ignore my raving about the weather, sorry. 


I'm back on topic now.


They're really good with frozen bananas, but fresh ones work fine.


And they would be vegan if you used soy milk/yogurt.


And they serve 2.


And they keep overnight


And... here's the recipe.


Fruity summer smoothies


Tofu
300g tofu
1/2 cup milk (soy or cow)
1 banana, in chunks
1/2 cup fruit of your choice*, cut up
1 tsp honey or nutella


Oat
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup milk
1 cup yogurt
1/2 cup fruit of your choice*
2 bananas
1 tsp honey or nutella


Place all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.






How easy was that!!


Enjoy :)


Mia


*Some fruits work better than others, but choose fruits that you think your blender can manage. Passionfruit is especially good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why hello there! If you liked or disliked this post or just want to say 'hi', feel free to leave a comment. I love getting comments- it's nice to know that someone out there is actually reading what I have to say, and they're really motivating!
Mia xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...